|Tours > California > San Francisco > Pacific Ocean > | Site Navigator | San Francisco Tour
Here is the complete tour:
Please, be patient, wait while it downloads. It is only 25k for the applet, 10k for a script, 25k for the first picture - about 60k. You will be rewarded with a walk along Ocean Beach toward Cliff House - some of our best photos. Problems? Get Java here
The pictures are small and very compressed. Preview Large San Francisco pictures;
San Francisco Virtual Tours home
• .. and you can see the view better. You can look at Cliff House and Seal Rocks closer. If you turn around, you can see how long is this beach - about 3 miles ( 5 kilometers ) south. If you turn left now, you'll get to the Golden Gate Park west entrance. But our goal here is moving north. Use [Esc] key to come back. This way you will be able to move farther away in this internet version of the San Francisco Virtual Tour.
• Let us return to the parapet. Jump from it, descend to the beach, and move forward toward the house. Once on top approaching the Cliff House, turn around or left. You will see a magnificent view of the surf at Ocean Beach and rocks below. This is the goal of this tour. Silence.. This is the third best San Francisco attraction after Golden Gate Bridge and Coit Tower.
• Coming back. On the next step you will see a toy-house on the rock. It is "Camera Obscura". Seal Rocks are on the left. Pass through the gallery of Cliff House and come closer. "Camera Obscura and Holograph Gallery". Turn around.
• You are at a little plaza between two Cliff House buildings. Great view of Seal Rocks floating in the silver ocean is to the left. Sutro Baths site is one step forward. If you turn around there, you will be able to enter "Musee Mecanique". If you turn right, you will get up to the Point Lobos Avenue.
• If you continue along the avenue on your way to the Bridge you'll get to Camino del Mar and a park on top of the hill above the House. There is another hidden stair entrance from Balboa street to this Sutro Heights Park. There are more great Cliff House and Ocean Beach views from there.
Ocean Beach is one of the favorite San Francisco tourist destination. Magnificent views of ocean and the city. Local San Franciscans love to spend time on the very wide 4-miles long beach or just walking around. Some brave men and women serf there, but this is very dangerous. Golden Gate Park begins here. "Beach Chalet" restaurant overlooks the beach. This is the place to visit, yes!
Since August 07, 2002 this page was visited
FastCounter by bCentral
Yes San Francisco, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Any use, copying of images, or their parts, or any other content including but not limited to any text in the html files without permission is prohibited.