Zina Argentine Tango Dance Classes
We are back starting August 2, 2021
by Igor Polk helped by Cecilia Sung
Advanced Improvisational Tango
No acrobatic tricks and no primitive stumbling around the floor.
Just pure perfect tango in Salon, Close Embrace (Milonguero), and Orillero (Nuevo) styles.
Ballet and Modern dancers are most welcome.
Torso and hip technique, leading-following, improvisation.
Non-vaccinated must wear a mask.
Мы говорим по-русски
Schedule | Our tango video | Pictures | Photo album of our club | Tango Resume | Igor's Blog 2020 | Flyer
Photo "Palo Alto Weekly" ( "Info Palo Alto" )
Palo Alto JCC
3921 Fabian Way, go to the second floor Pavilion. Tell security you are for tango. Link
7:30 - 8:30 Fundamentals class
8:30 - 9:30 Advanced class
No practica yet.
$15 Fundamentals class
$20 Both classes. You cannot take the adv. class without the fundamental one.
Great floor, public parking, convenient location near 101. Suitable for dancers of San Mateo, San Jose, and Santa Clara counties.
Photo Steven He, 2014
Check Igor's tango blog for more information and photos
Igor Polk is an author of Tango dance technique book:
How many other tango technique books do you know?
"What style of tango do you teach?" - I teach the essence of tango of all styles. I do point out if something belongs to a certain style: Salon, Orillero, Canyengue, Apilado, Milonguero, Nuevo. I especially welcomes dancers who want to learn tango in all its complexity and beauty, not bound to any restrictions. I am the only one dancer in San Francisco Bay Area who knows all these styles.
"Should I start learning tango in open or in close embrace?"
"How long it will take me to learn tango ?" - Here you will find answers to other questions.. Also see the links above ^
"Why you do not publish the topics of your lessons?" - I do think over the topics of classes, only I do it in the day of the class based on my most recent observation and dance experience with students. I do address their immediate needs to progress them as soon and as effectively as possible to the heights of tango. I can variate or even change the topic depending of the students who come. The topic addresses the average regular students and challenges them, but I do take consideration of more advanced dancers as well as the less advanced. "Igor has the wonderful ability to tailor the class on the needs of those present. This flexibility allows for a better learning and challenging place for the students"
I teach serious tango with great attention to details involving correct tango rhythm, body energies and movements, in all its complexity.
Why tango is like it is? Did someone invented it? No. They have discovered it. It is a natural way of movement of a well developed body. Discover it in yourself.
Igor. More tango articles.. Our club is named after Zina Vladimirsky, one of the founders.
| Something to help you understand Argentine Tango
- Tango is danced in the ballroom closed position. We, argentine tango dancers, call it open. What we call close position I'll show you at the classes;
- There are many ways to dance tango: fast and slow, small and large. And there are many styles. Tango comprises of three dances: Tango, Milonga, and Vals: the same figures danced to different rhythms. One can dance argentine tango to any other music except, surprisingly, ballroom tango.
- Tango is danced mostly to music of 1920-1940s. It is a complex beautiful rhythmic music of classical quality.
- Tango is danced everywhere in the world.
- The most important is to feel the partner while leading and following. This skill is brought to the utmost height. Tango dancers are valued by their ability to lead and follow. Because of that competitions in tango are rare and do not have much sense. Every millimeter of any movement can be lead.
- Tango dancers must dance to the music. Feeling of music is so strong, that dancers easily make improvisations to an unknown piece.
- It is a traveling dance: dancers dance walking around the floor. Amount of the dance spece available reminds Salsa, even tighter. The navigation skills of a leader and ability to twist the body for a follower are quintessential.
What students say:
- "You classes should be taken by every dance teacher!"
- "You teach a fantastic technique! It does feel like flying when I am completely in sync with your movements."
- "No one is dancing like you!"
- "You make me feel ..."
- "Your teaching is very systematic"
- "I learn so much at the class"
Tango Classes in Palo Alto, Hayward, Fremont, San Leandro, Castro Valley by Igor
Depression relief and Stress management healing
Tango in San Francisco Bay Area | Palo Alto JCC website |
The blog of previous practica and lesson messages | Some helpful resources ( shoes )
* * *
Photo Diane Pedersen, Dress Linda Ayre
Create a friendly environment where people can have good time relaxing, listening to music, meeting friends, getting some easy physical and emotional exercise, try on beautiful dress, relieve stress and enjoy everything else Argentinean Tango gives. For those who are getting more into dance - establishing the strong basis of tango dancing and promote the way this 100-years old dance is danced.
We teach only advanced tango from the very first lesson.
Our Argentine Tango studio has started in 2007. Argentine tango dancing is a wonderful way of creating social relationships, relaxation, easy physical exercise, enjoyment of wonderful music and pleasant movements, improvement of well being, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual abilities. Tango is suitable for all ages. You can find more about it here: www.virtuar.com/tango/.
Аргентинское танго это прекрасный способ подружиться, отдохнуть, немножко потренироваться, насладиться музыкой и приятными движениями, улучшить свою жизнь, социальные, физические, эмоциональные и духовные способности. Танго подходит для любого возраста.
Host and Teacher - Igor Polk, (510) 582-8711, email@example.com - Hayward
Assistants - Cecilia, Teressa - San Francisco
Organization - Boris Vladimirsky, firstname.lastname@example.org - Palo Alto
San Jose, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, San Mateo, Cupertino, Milpitas, Fremont areas are covered.