Save Your Problem With..
Methods of dialectical problem solving
- Look for contradictions, conflicting elements, etc. That is where the cause of the problem is;
- Strive for an Ideal Solution: "The problem is solved by the means already present without any additional harm";
- Use available resources: present in the system, in surroundings, in media, and ones that are cheap;
- Self service! Formula: "The object ITSELF solves the problem";
- Any interaction means there is a flow of something. Keep it in mind. Abstraction includes flows of "coordinates", "deformations", etc. Anything which changes. And if there is an interaction (or an abstract flow), there is a cause of it (called "abstract potential"). 70% of all problems deal with flows.
Combination of Methods and Principles
1. The methods are applied either alone or in combinations:
- method and opposite method;
- methods transforming a system or action into another space or world and back;
- different methods.
Most problems are solved with structure or scenarios of multitude of methods.
2. During the system analysis of a problem, you will come to two actors: "A Tool", what acts, and "A Product", what is act upon. To solve the problem you can apply the same principle to either one. This doubles your choices.
* * *
This collection of methods and principles is a cumulative effort of many generations of problem solvers. IT DOES WORK!
Negation, or "Do the opposite", - Negation of Negation, or Constancy ;
Constancy, continuation, perseverance;
Extraction - Application;
Segmentation - Unification;
Local Quality - Uniformity;
Consolidation - Separation;
Multifunctionality and Unifunctionality;
Asymmetry and Symmetry;
Nesting and Filling;
Spheres, Straight Lines, and Flat Surfaces Curves;
Dynamism and Crystallization;
Partial or Excessive Action vs Utmost Precision;
Transition into Another Dimension and Topology;
Continuity of Useful Action (Perfect Timing);
Cumulative Action or Disperse;
Polysystems and Continuous Systems;
"Pneumatics and Hydraulics";
"Flexible Membranes or Thin Films";
"Changing Color" or "Dividing into Bins";
Hi- and Low Precision;
Equipotentiality or "Intersections of Polysystems";
Inert Environment - Catalyst;
Change of Parameters;
"Affecting through Junctions";
"Solving Problems on Upper and Lower Systematic Levels";
Discarding and Regenerating;
Copying (Modeling) - Original;
Mediator - Immediate Contact;
Self-Service - Delegation;
Cheap non-Longevity Instead of Expensive Longevity;
Putting Harm into Use;
Application of Composites;
Changing the Rules;
* * *
As published in "Junctions. On How Worlds are Connected", by Igor Polkovnikov, 2018. Please, give your feedback.
Copyright©2018-2020 Igor Polkovnikov